Monday, February 11, 2008

I've been tagged!!

This is the first time I've been tagged. My friend, Erica, tagged me. Here are the rules:

A. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning.
B. Each player answers the question about themselves.
C. At the end of the post, the player then tags 5 other people and posts their names, and then leaves a message on their blog letting them know they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog to get the directions.

What I was doing 10 years ago...
I was 16 and a junior in high school. I had just moved back to the States from Hong Kong. My 16th birthday worked an almost magical change on me - I went from being an anti-social nerd to being a social being that was still pretty nerdy but at least I started to have friends, too, instead of just doing my homework all the time. It was right around this time 10 years ago that I had my first kiss. This first kiss involved a closet, a glow-in-the-dark planet, and a kiss on the nose before it reached it's target. =) It was very sweet and very innocent.

5 Things on My To-Do List Today
1. Go running - ha ha ha - this one got scratched off the list for today because it was 11 degrees this morning - I don't think so!

2. Finish reading Jane Austen's Mansfield Park

3. Go to Target to get a few things for our trip to Thailand that we leave for a week from tomorrow!!

4. Drop off some of Peter's dry cleaning

5. Scrapbook a couple pages that are stuck in my head

3 Bad Habits I Have
1. I love to pick, pick, pick. This drives all my victims crazy! If I see something in an ear or nose (this one ONLY applies to the kids!) I have to pick it or it drives me nuts. As Adrian Monk would say, "We'll all be so much happier when that's out of there."

2. I'm a little too vocal about my dislike of New Jersey drivers. When Kaia hears me say something like, "Oh, my gosh!" she now says, "These are crazy drivers, Mom!"

3. I consistently buy more vegetables than I ever use in a week and end up throwing things away. It drives me crazy, but I also don't like not having fresh veggies in the house.

Places I Have Lived
Utah: Fruit Heights, Provo
Washington, D.C. (as a baby)
China: Guangzhou, Nanjing, Qingdao
California: San Diego (when I was about 5)
Taiwan (for a couple months during the summer when I was 5)
Hong Kong
Thailand
New Jersey

Things Most People Don't Know About Me
This is a tough one. Mistie's replies triggered one for me - I really would be happy if people just didn't have hair - I mean, if all people were born without hair so it was normal. I don't like doing my hair and don't feel like I have any clue what I'm doing with it. My life would be so much easier without hair. Well, maybe that's not true. But at least I wouldn't always wonder if I could make my hair look a lot better than it does?!?

I've tagged: Sienna, Katie, Jess, Becca, and Jenn

4 comments:

Mistie said...

Your hair always looks cute Maile-you are so funny! But i agree, life would be easier without hair. I vote for no hair. However, my head has hills and mountains and i have always worried about what i would look like without hair covering it up. I would still do it though if it meant everyone else was in! It would save me some major anxiety! (i'm a weirdo, i know!)

Erica said...

I'll vote for no hair as well. I loved reading this! It is so much fun getting to know more about you. And your kissing story sounds way more interesting than mine. I am going to have to get the whole story someday!!

Maile said...

I finally got a much-needed haircut a couple days ago, so now I'm not feeling so anti-hair. =)

Naomi said...

I'm so with you on the NJ drivers (I now see Ethan reacting much sooner than me now! Ooooops!) and also the veggies. I do it all the time!