Friday, February 8, 2008

True Love

Over lunch today, Kaia told me that she wanted to get true love's kiss. She said that after lunch she would go in her room and lay on her toy chest. "Mommy, will you pick Asher up so he can kiss me on the lip?" That's right, she just wanted a kiss on one of her lips! After lunch, we went in and Kaia fell into a deep sleep:


Asher was only too happy to oblige with some big, wet smackaroos! After a couple, Kaia said, "Mom, I don't want wet ones." Well, I'm afraid they only come in one style from our boy. Later, Kaia asked to call my sister Sienna. She ended up talking to her husband, Brandon, and said, "I want to tell you about true love..."




On a different note...a while back I posted links to some talks I find inspiring. I thought I'd add another to the list:

The Functional Family by James MacArthur

The speaker talks from his own experiences growing up in a dysfunctional family, as well as his 20+ years working as a psychiatrist, to talk in a positive way about the things that make up a functional family. I particularly like his ideas of intentionally parenting and setting up a time once a week to sit down and talk about your family and where you want those relationships to go.

3 comments:

Jess said...

Before I even read the story I laughed out loud at the first picture--I must know Kaia pretty well, because I knew exactly what she was doing! She's so great.

Naomi said...

That is too stinkin' hilarious! I just love the pic of Kaia in her deep sleep looking for love. Oh my word, I'm still giggling over it.

Erica said...

That is so adorable. She is so much fun!! Too stinking cute!