Monday, June 16, 2008

A Father's Day treat

Something about the onset of hot summer weather has left me with very little desire to cook real food for dinner, but I have had one hankering after another for treats. Peter requested these Peanut Butter Cookies for dessert on Father's Day. This recipe was given to me by my sister-in-law, Anneke. They're extremely easy to make and absolutely delicious. And, amazingly, they have no flour. Peter LOVES peanut butter cookies, and these are definitely his favorite variety.

Peanut Butter Cookies

1 c. peanut butter
1 c. sugar
1 t. baking soda
1 egg

Mix all ingredients well. Form into balls. Bake at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes, until just starting to turn golden.

In this picture, you'll see the two variations I did. For half the cookie dough, I rolled them into balls and then rolled them in raw sugar (any sugar would probably work, but I like the texture the raw sugar adds when baked); then I used a fork to squash them down and put a criss-cross pattern on the top, but that didn't really show up after they baked. I stirred in some semi-sweet chocolate chips for the rest of the dough.

2 comments:

Becca said...

Wow! No flour?! I'll definitely have to try that recipe out - thanks for sharing!

Erica said...

Mmh, I am going to have to try that. Especially after Allen came home from work today and said. "Peter makes his cookies with no flour. Why can't we do that?" Thanks.