Asher has been figuring out all the tricks to extend his bed- and nap-time routines. There's a pipe in the kids' bedroom that we can occasionally hear water rushing through. It's the J-shaped pipe in the upper left-hand corner:
His latest thing is to tell me, right when I put him in his bed, "Wa(t)er. Dow(n). Lou(d). Scare(d)." Apparently this water has made a big impression on him. On the way home from church, he randomly brought it up again and said the same thing: "Wa(t)er. Dow(n). Lou(d). Scare(d)."
I know I'm giving my kid a big head, but I can't help it - I happen to think he's extremely cute, both physically and his personality. I often ask him, "How cute is Asher?" His latest answer is, "Cu(t)e! Kaia cu(t)e!" Of course, Kaia can't just accept his compliment. She gets upset and says, "I'm not cute. I'm pretty."
We recently gave Asher a pillow to sleep with in bed. He LOVES it. He surprises us by sleeping right on top of the pillow instead of just with his head on it. This morning I asked Asher to lay on the pillow just so I could get some pictures. He was really wary at first - I think he was afraid I'd make him go to sleep - but then he got really into it and enjoyed it:

6 comments:
He is smart and cute!! Of course he should have a big head! I've tried for a year to get Alex to sleep with the pillow in his crib but he wants it by his feet (it can't leave the bed) and he uses his blankie for his pillow. Hopefully that will change when he gets a big boy bed.
I love the cute things our kids say. That is adorable. And your kids are getting so big. They both are dolls.
I love being a mom just for those funny moments..When are you coming to Utah next? would be fun to do something?
He is so adorable...and so stinking smart! I am happy that he is loving the pillow now instead of using it against you.
boys are the cutest, aren't they! that's how caden used to sleep as a little baby - right on top of the pillow. i loved it.
What cute kids, it's fun reading through some of your older posts. We need to get together sometime this summer.
Post a Comment