I've been keeping track of some of the funny/surprising/perceptive things Kaia says. The things I'm usually most surprised by are her understanding of religious concepts. Here are a few:
Asher is going through a hitting phase and Kaia is the most frequent recipient of his hits. After he hit her in the bath yesterday, Kaia said, "When Asher's older, he won't get to go to the temple because he hit me." (For those not of our faith, let me briefly explain temples: temples are sacred buildings where we Mormons go to worship. We go to our normal church on Sundays, but in temples, among other things, we get married for time and all eternity.)
She was recently making a little book to give to a friend. Her friend's great-grandpa recently passed away. Kaia's very fascinated with death - not in a morbid way, but just as though she is trying to understand. She said, "I'm going to make a book for her grandpa and save it for him until he's resurrected!"
Kaia has also been fascinated with the idea of bad people. She says things like, "Bad people eat yucky food." Up until now we've used the normal words for what happens in the bathroom =) but just recently Kaia learned about saying "number one" and "number two." She told me, "When bad people pee it's called number 4 and when they poop it's called number 5."
Kaia has been fairly precocious when it comes to speaking, so it really surprises me when she still says some words the same way that she's been saying them since she first learned them. A few examples follow:
sgetty sgoss = spaghetti sauce
fam me me me = family home evening
grill-chee = grilled cheese sandwich
fast-enating = fascinating
A few minutes ago I was cleaning the bathroom mirror to clean lots of little kid fingerprints off of it. About the fingerprints, Kaia said, "I've been dunning that."

5 comments:
She is so beautiful and hilarious! What a smart kid!
She sure is one smart little girl :) What a cutie! She definitely is looks exactly like you when you were little!!!!!!!!!
I sure do miss hearing what Kaia has to say!!! She always surprised me and I loved it!! We miss you!
She is truly brilliant. What a great idea to keep track of all her adorable things!! You are such a fabulous mommy!
K- Ashton is obsessed with resurrection too. It is funny what fascinates them!! I love these fun ages...one day we'll all look back and remember the cute things they say and how they looked at life. I love it
Post a Comment