Friday, June 13, 2008

Found it!


I've tried a number of recipes for rice krispie treats over the years, looking for that perfect gooey, not too crunchy, treat. I finally found it this week! I think one of the things that makes a difference is that this recipe uses LOTS of marshmallows, and the vanilla adds a nice flavor. Also, does anyone know if making them on the stovetop instead of the microwave helps them turn out better? That's what this recipe dictates and I'm not sure if that also affected the result. Here's the recipe:

Chewy Rice Krispie Treats

1/4 c. butter
16 oz. marshmallows
1 t. vanilla
6 c. rice krispies cereal (generic works fine)

Melt butter in large pan on the stove. Stir in marshmallows until completely melted. Stir in vanilla. Mix in cereal until completely covered. Put into a greased 9 x 13 pan. Allow to cool for a few minutes (we never wait too long!) and then enjoy!

1 comment:

Kristi said...

I enjoy putting peanut butter in mine. The key I've found is to put the PB in before all the marshmallows are melted AND take off the heat before they are completely melted. But the number 1 rule is to use fresh Rice Krispies. hehehe