Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Zoo Day

Our friends, Jess & Emma, let us tag along with them to the Bronx Zoo yesterday. It was a blast! The weather was perfect (except for a brief 5 minutes of rain as we were leaving), and we loved seeing all the animals - although I may have enjoyed it more than the kids. It cracks me up that they can get as interested in a puddle of water as they are in the animals. We were 30 feet from lions, but Asher & Emma found this much more exciting:

We were able to play Asher and Emma off each other really well. If one was headed in the wrong direction, we'd yell, "Where's Asher/Emma?" and they would follow the other in the right direction:


The Bug Carousel has long been one of Kaia's favorite things at the Bronx Zoo. Asher smiled on cue, but he was really grimacing through his smile. He was "scare(d)." He was also scared when we took the Skifari, the tram that goes up over the whole zoo. However, today he keeps telling me, "Chair. High. Fu(n)," so I guess that scary experience didn't scar him for life.


Asher thought he would join the giraffes:

There were peacocks wandering around all over the petting zoo. I saw one about 3 feet away from me, so I got the camera ready for when it finally did this:

6 comments:

Jess said...

Great pics! Thanks for coming with us.

Kristi said...

I love the Bronx Zoo! We were only able to go once for Samantha's 1st birthday, but it was great. Cute photos!

Mistie said...

I miss the Bronx zoo...it is a fun place to go!! I love that you take advantage of so many things there. Hope your summer is going well and you're having fun. We miss you guys!!!

Naomi said...

Awww, we wish we could have come that day especially since we've never been there yet. Looks like you had a great time and that Asher and Emmas are getting along great. Very cute!

Erica said...

I lvoe that zoo. And our membership expires on Saturday and we won't be able to go before then. Bummer. Thanks for letting me live vicariously through your pictures!!

Kristina said...

That's so funny about Asher trying to join the giraffs, that so something that Zack would do. When I saw that pic, my first thought was "there's Zack in a few years"
I am jealous you went to the Zoo, it's been so HOT here, all we do is hang out at the pool.. Maybe in a few months when it's not so hot will hit the Zoo..
I saw your mom last night at Heather's shower. I can't belive Heather is old enough to get married.. I feel like an old lady now.