Saturday, June 7, 2008
Another Freebie
On our way out for a family run this morning, Peter spotted this coffee table in the trash. He examined it and couldn't find anything wrong with it. With excitement, we rushed back to our place, coffee table in Peter's arms, and we now have a new piece of furniture for free!! It's the perfect height for climbing, but also the perfect height for sitting together to do puzzles and play games. And the color matches almost perfectly with the color of our dining set. I love finds like these.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
You won't see the Hafen's judging you for dumpster diving...we have gotten some great stuff from the garbage...some of our best finds include a BBQ, a Playstation 2 (which actually works!), an office chair, and a little girls bike (which we gave to Edyn Wolff). I am quite jealous of you for finding a good coffee table in the garbage, we have been eyeballing the garbage for years looking for a good one.
WOW! Great find. I too love dumpster diving! When we are out and about and it's garbage day Chad always laughs at me when he sees me trying to get a good glimpse of everyone's garbage before we drive by. Or if he sees something he thinks I might like he immediately says "Nope you can't have that!" Whatever! I'll just drive back there on my own. LOL.
What an awesome coffee table and an even more awesome story to go with it!! Totally jealous.
You are so lucky. If we had seen it we would have grabbed it ourselves! I guess you have to get up early in the morning to get to the dumpster before the Christensens.
Post a Comment