Friday, September 26, 2008

Countdown to Halloween!!

I know it's not even October yet, but why shouldn't we get excited about Halloween already? Halloween was my favorite holiday when I was a kid (okay, I admit it was my favorite holiday through my freshman year of college - but my tastes have matured a little since then :). I was a little crazy over candy. These days I still really like Halloween because it marks the beginning of the holiday season that lasts through New Year's.

Anyway, we saw this fun craft on Make and Take's yesterday (Make and Take's is an awesome blog with daily craft ideas for young kids - thanks for sharing, Jess!). It's a countdown chain to Halloween. So, for those of you who haven't started counting yet, there are 35 days left until Halloween!


When Asher saw that I was taking pictures of Kaia, he wanted his picture taken too. Yesterday Peter made the interesting observation that Asher is the Dwight in their relationship - if Kaia's doing it, he has to be too. He laughs when she laughs even if he has no clue what the joke was. :) Anyone else excited that The Office is finally back on?

7 comments:

Kristi said...

Cute craft! YES! SO excited The Office (and other shows) are back.

Jess said...

Ha ha! Love the Dwight joke!

And your countdown pumpkin is adorable.

Emily said...

Oh, I saw that craft on that website. Really cute! I wonder how big a countdown to Christmas chain would be at this point...I'm about ready to start listening to Christmas music. :)

Sara said...

I am so glad that someone else is that excited about Halloween. I am counting down the days as well, maybe it is for other reasons so I think I'll have to make a count down till Dad gets home!!

Mistie said...

I love "counting-down" to things...it definately makes it fun and the kids aren't as anxious and it gives them something to look forward to. Its a great idea!

Erica said...

Fun! I am going to have to copy you!!

Swanky Mommy said...

I am so ridiculously excited it's not even funny. Since when do I have no life? hahahaha. But Laney is already excited to be a monkey for Halloween. Good thing our ward party is on October 8th.