Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Turning over a new leaf?

I have been notoriously bad about fixing Kaia's hair. I do have a few excuses. First of all, I'm not good at doing hair. Beyond a ponytail, I don't have very many skills. I can do French braids, but they always seem like too much work considering my second excuse: Kaia doesn't like having her hair done so she usually destroys any attempt I have made very quickly. Well, today I ran across a couple of blogs almost entirely focused on these mom's efforts to make their girls' hair beautiful. Their hairdos are amazing. You can find these blogs here and here and here. I showed Kaia and pointed out how these girls looked like princesses, so she actually let me try a new 'do! (And, yes, she was Aurora again today.) This hairdo is 2 partial French braids, joined into one braid, and then a messy bun at the bottom. She left it in for about 2 hours while we did errands.



When Asher napped, Kaia wanted to do my hair. She put in tons of clips and she loves to put this smoothing stuff in (that I never use otherwise). She let me read my scriptures and then write some e-mails as she played, so it was worth it!

4 comments:

Kristi said...

Very cute hair! Samantha protests a lot too with her hair. If we have a day at home I don't care much but with pre-school I insist on it being done. I like those braids! You're hair is great too! ;-)

Katie said...

Darling hair (both of you!). Davin and Rowan do their best to help me with my hair sometimes. Davin still tells me that I have "firework" hair.

Emily said...

Ahh, I can't wait to do girly hair...I hope Annie will let me. I think Kaia's doo is way cute! I love to have people play with my hair...tell Kaia she can do my hair next time.

Brandon and Sienna said...

Her hair is adorable, good job Mom for making it look so beautiful.