Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Fall's coming; I can feel it in the air!!

I am so excited!!! (Can you tell?) Fall is my absolute favorite season. We had a lovely rainy early fall day yesterday and the air felt delightfully cool. The strangest thing happened. Well, let me back track. I will admit I have not been the most consistent runner the last few months. Needless to say, I won't be running a marathon this fall, but I'm okay with that. I've come to the determination that some goals are great to help us reach and push ourselves and some goals need to be reevaluated. I had too many goals all vying for top priority and something had to give - that ended up being running. It was almost an instantaneous thing. I had been absolutely loving running all winter and spring. Then it happened. Summer heat and humidity hit and my body just felt broken every time I went running. When I had been loving it, if I went a day or two without running I'd start to get antsy until I went ago. Not so this summer. I just had ZERO desire to run. Well, all of a sudden yesterday, with so much humidity and heat out of the air, my urge to run came rushing back. Hallelujah!!

So I went running this morning. The run was hard. Note to self: DO NOT eat before running - even if it was only a banana an hour and a half before I went running. My body revolts when it has food in it at the same time it runs. But being outside in the incredibly gorgeous early morning was amazing. I am so happy fall is finally here.

Here are a few of the things I love about fall (I'd love to hear about yours):
*Lots of family birthdays!

*Going to the pumpkin patch to pick that perfect pumpkin

*Halloween, of course

*Going to the pick-your-own farm to get lots of yummy apples

*That wonderful crispness in the air

*The feeling of beginnings and a return to schedules (probably programmed in from years of school)

3 comments:

Jess said...

Ah, fall. I think that is what I am going to miss most about the Northeast. I am missing it already.

Emily said...

Fall is my favorite season also....especially out here with all the beautiful trees.

Mistie said...

I love fall as well. That crispness in the air and i love the charm of going to a small town farm to get a pumpkin and apples, etc... AND i LOVE Halloween as well.
We miss you guys!! Take care