Monday, September 22, 2008

To the grocery store

You would think we were headed to a big occasion when we stepped out the door on the way to the grocery store today. We were lucky enough to have Aurora with us (see below); as Kaia said, "The people at the store are going to be so surprised to see me." (However, part way through our shopping trip she said, "Nobody's looking at me, Mom." Just after this comment a girl exclaimed, "Wow, I just love your dress!" I think it made Kaia's day - or trip. And I could see plenty of people eyeing her and smiling at the little princess all dressed up with nowhere to go. =)

Before we left, Kaia told me she needed to do some practicing of the things that princesses do:




Asher has decided that Kaia's old flower sunglasses are his. He also loves hats these days. He wore his bug hat and the flower sunglasses for about the first half of the excursion through the store:

Can we get a smile please?


After I asked Asher for a smile, Kaia wanted to pose as well. As she smiled, she made a sort of hissing sound, the sound that "mean dinosaurs make" (her latest obsession is dinosaurs). Apparently, "Nice dinosaurs make the same sound as the mean dinosaurs but it's differently."

5 comments:

Katie said...

Hooray for darling imaginations! I would go shopping with Aurora any day.

Anonymous said...

They both have the CUTEST personalities! I love that she was making dinosaur sounds while in the princess dress! I'll keep posting lots of cute pics to make it difficult for you to hold out.

Emily said...

I love the dress. Is that her Halloween costume? Asher in the hat is way cute too!!

Brandon and Sienna said...

You decided to give her the dress before her birthday? Well she does look adorable in and so does Ash.

Maile said...

Sienna, she saw the dresses by accident when we were in Utah, so I let her pick one to have then and one to save for her birthday.