Thursday, September 25, 2008

Storytime, and other miscellaneous items

Kaia made herself this little bed in the corner today. She wanted us to join her for storytime. After convincing her we wouldn't all comfortably fit, she had Asher come sit next to her. She immediately put her arm around him and it was just too cute to not grab the camera! She said, "Smile, Asher!" and gave him a helping hand.


Also, Mom and Sienna in particular, notice that Kaia's hair is done for the second day in a row! Nothing short of a miracle! It didn't get done in time for our playgroup this morning, but later on she let me do twistie braids and they are still in even now that she's in bed. For any of you who do have girls, I watched a great tutorial here to show me how to do these twists that I'd never successfully done before.

On to a side note...dinner tonight. I found this quiche recipe at my favorite Recipezaar.com. I have to recommend this recipe for those with kids. I was shocked that my kids gobbled it up even though it had broccoli on it. We just stuck some ketchup on the broccoli =) and it was gone. Also, this quiche doesn't use a pie crust so it was easier to make and healthier. (We use the bacon pieces in a bag from Costco in recipes like this that call for bacon.)

And, last but not least, the kids were playing chase with Peter while dinner was cooking tonight. Kaia yelled, "I'm as fast as a cheetah!" which prompted Asher to yell, "Asher fast camel!!" Fast as a camel? I've never thought of camels being fast. Well, these two animals gained great favor with the kids a couple months ago when we went with friends in the ward to a local zoo that had a carousel with lots of animals. Kaia chose to ride a cheetah and Asher was very excited to ride a camel!

3 comments:

Kristi said...

Those kids are hilarious! And so cute! And actually, camels can run quite fast, so good for Asher!

Erick Christensen said...

Camel racing is actually very popular in the Middle East. In fact they actually use little kids as jockeys, but there is a controversy about kids being enslaved to ride camels so they want to move to using robot jockeys. Its all true, wikipedia said so here. So if the economy doesn't get fixed and the robot thing doesn't work out, Asher could support you with the winnings from racing camels.

Brandon and Sienna said...

I am so glad that you have done lots of posting. I love all the stories, and Kaia's beautiful hair.

I would have chosen to be an elephant.