Saturday, April 19, 2008

30-Minute Scrapbook Challenge

I completed my ScrapHappy challenge this week on Thursday, the very day it was given. This is the first chance I've had to post it. I'm trying to find another place on-line to post my scrapbook pages so I don't have to keep bombarding my regular blog readers with these posts.

The challenge this week was as follows:
"-Orange and yellow (for the sun, duh)
-The letters "A" and "Z" somewhere (not necessarily together)
-Extra credit for anyone whose photo includes a table (MESA -- get it???)"

This was the perfect challenge for me this week, which is why I did it so quickly, because it fit in perfectly with the next scrapbook layout in my mental queue. Now, I had already written the journaling and cut out the zigzag thing (inspired by a bucket I saw in an Elmo book I was reading with Asher!) before I started putting the page together. There are shelves in the background, but not really a table. And here it is:

The journaling reads: "Asher, every time I see this picture of you, I think of all the people who see you and exclaim, "Look at those eyes! He's going to be a heartbreaker!" And you just might be, except that we're training you to be too nice to break hearts intentionally. One of your new favorite words is "stawz;" you find stars everywhere now. That reminds me of the time someone thought I said your name was Ashton and they said, "Oh, your mama named you after that Ashton Kutcher! All the ladies will be chasing you like him." No, I did not name my son after Ashton Kutcher."

4 comments:

Allison said...

okay these scrapbook things are starting to look fun and easy. maybe i'll try someday soon to get my scrapbook stuff together. maybe i need to move first, then find a home and then unpack and then settle again. you give me hope that i can do more than just a blog.

Maile said...

Let me warn you, Allison, it's addictive. Once you start down the path it's really hard to stop! I have scrapbooking inspiration hit me all the time in small ways now. And it really helps me live in and appreciate the little moments more.

Sara said...

Your scrapbooks must be amazing. I love the creativity! What a beautiful family!

Naomi said...

Another great page! Keep sharing, please! I love seeing them.