After lunch, we felt like we still wanted to go somewhere so we went to a nature conservancy nearby with lots of hiking trails. We'd never been before, but I'm sure we'll go back after today. Here are some of the highlights. Asher had the time of his life throwing rocks in a little stream. He probably did this for 30 minutes straight.
Kaia got the idea in her head that we both needed walking sticks. She found herself a reasonably sized one, but the "stick" she found me should really be called a walking tree. It was huge. And it wouldn't be New Jersey without the graffiti on the building in the background:
When we were getting ready to leave the stream and head back to the car, I asked Peter how long it had taken us to hike in. He said probably 45 minutes. So I was expecting a long, rather tiring walk back since I would be carrying Kaia on my shoulders the whole time because she was worn out. Well, 5 minutes into our return hike, the bridge we first walked over to enter the "forest" was within sight. We were back at our car not 10 minutes after we left the stream. I hadn't thought Kaia's meanderings had added so much time to the trip!

5 comments:
What a fun day! So adventerous! i am jealous you guys are in shorts!
What an awesome day!! I love your activeness...and your walking sticks. And that family picture is priceless. Well done guys!!
I am referring to the family picture in your margin, just in case you thought I was crazy, which I am....also, I forgot to say you look dang hot in the last picture with you and Kaia. Couldn't leave that one out.
How fun to enjoy the outdoors...finally! We have had a pretty nice time here enjoying the warmth.
Saturday was a really nice day so I think Spring is officially here! Yayyyyy! Love your walking sticks and the graffiti in the background. Jersey wouldn't be Jersey without it! LOL.
Post a Comment