Saturday, April 5, 2008

Seeing "Funny"

Today we headed into New York City to see Peter's brother, Nicholai, who was in town with his high school choir and orchestra to perform in a music festival. We enjoyed seeing Nicholai perform and being outside in the gorgeous weather. When we asked Asher to smile for this picture, he did just that - smiled the cutest little smile! We need him to give Kaia lessons. She has a great smile when she's not trying.


Of course Kaia had to wear her princess high heels all day today. And, yes, she has them on backwards. She often wears her shoes on the wrong feet and when people comment on it she says, "I like them like that."

I'll let you see if you can guess from the following 2 pictures which brother is taller. I'll just say that Peter thinks it should be genetically impossible - and it's completely unfair - to have the youngest brother be taller than the oldest brother (in a hypothetical example, of course):


As for the title of this post...when we were on our way to see Nick, Kaia said, "Nicholai is the funniest guy ever." I said, "Oh, I thought you said Asher was the funniest guy ever." Kaia: "There are 2 of them." Then as we said good-bye to Nick this afternoon, Kaia bade him farewell with a, "Bye, Funny!"

There were no toilets to be seen before we went to get on the subway but we thought we'd better have Kaia go before we got on trains. I took her to a nearby tree and had her in position to pee when Peter sort of gasped and I turned and realized we were in full view of the road and a sightseeing bus that had stopped not 20 feet from us to look at the tomb of President Grant that we were standing near. They got to see a whole lot more than they came for as I buried my head in my shoulder...I'm sure no one saw me. =)

1 comment:

Naomi said...

OK - Kaia wearing her heals into Manhattan cracks me up! Talk about high fashion on your hands!