On its way in:
On its way back out:
Kaia not quite sure what to make of her treat:
Peter and I both got to try the treat, as well. It was truly awful. I figured it wasn't going to be very tasty but I wasn't prepared for how disgusting that much baking soda would make it. But soon after we all had our try Kaia would say, "Wasn't my treat scrumpshy-lumpshy-ous delicious?" Then when Peter was giving her a bath she would call out, "Is all my treat gone, Mom? Did you eat it all?" Not likely. By yesterday evening she was out of denial and asked, "Why was my treat yucky?" Better luck next time, I hope.
Kaia was the crazy child in Primary yesterday (once again). To her credit, she'd had a poor night sleep because Asher had woken up in the middle of the night and took a long time to fall back to sleep. She also seems to be constipated - I only mention this in case anyone has any suggestions. We're getting desperate and the doctor is not getting back to us. Anyway, as I was leading the music in Primary, Kaia would lay across her chair with her head hanging off one end and her feet dangling off the other. Then she'd flip backwards over her chair, showing off her panties to the whole room. She yelled throughout an entire song: "Stop singing! I don't want any more singing!" Then by the end of singing time, she was pulling out her hair and dropping it on the head of her friend Christopher - did she want to see what he would look like with long hair? I don't know what got into her. Of course, we have 2:00-5:00 church right now, which is really hard on all of the kids. Add to that the lack of sleep and aching belly and I can kind of understand. When we got home from church, I suggested to Kaia that she might not want to keep pulling out her hair or she wouldn't look like a princess anymore. We also got on-line to see what bald people look like. I think this picture and this picture made an effective impression on her brain.
On a cuter note, this is what I found after I got out of the shower today:
I plop Asher in his crib with some books and toys every day when I shower because he can't be trusted to roam free. Kaia was also reading books on her bed while I showered. But then she apparently climbed in with him and was reading this baby animals book to him! Once again she was quizzing him on his animal sounds.

7 comments:
hey, i might be able to help you out. Caden has had constipation issues and they finally seem to be getting under control. First thing you want to do is maybe switch to soy milk if she drinks a lot of cow's milk (along with other dairy products) which can be constipating, Caden likes the chocolate flavored soy milk. Lots of water and juice and fruits/veggies if she'll eat them will help get the bowels moving. If she doesn't eat f/v like caden, what we did is bought some citrucel fiber intake. I give him half of the usual dose in the morning. They have chocolate so I just mix it with his soy milk, or you can get an orange kind and mix it with water if she'll drink it. After all this he was still having problems with it being hard and irregular, so I talked to the doctor, and he recommended Miralax granules for a laxative/softener. On the days that she doesn't have a BM you give her a 1/2 dose of the usual dose. I keep giving it to him once a day until something happens. If it starts getting too soft or turns to diarrhea then I cut back on the fiber to every other day or whatnot. If you have any questions just email me. I know it's really frustrating to see them hurting and not be able to help them. Hope all this info helps. Now I've written you back a nove. ;)
I wish I didn't know so much about childrens constipation. Dairy can cause constipation, along with rice, and diary. Up the fruit intake, and give her prune juice. Don't dilute the prune juice. If that doesn't work, the easiest sure fire way, is to give her molasses. I mix it in a bit of water and then make haylie drink it. Works like a charm, every time.
Thanks, ladies. I was hoping someone would have some suggestions. Kaia has hardly eaten a thing all day and has taken 2 naps in the last 3 days - when she hasn't napped regularly for over a year. Thank goodness she likes soy milk; I'll start making that her regular drink. And I bought prune juice today but I wonder if she'll drink it - I've never had it myself but I don't imagine it's the tastiest thing ever. Thanks again for your suggestions!
Ruth, I'm glad you wrote a novel back so I don't feel so goofy for writing such long comments on your blog. =)
I didn't get to witness Kaia being crazy at church yesterday...but I am sure it would have been great. That girls cracks me up. I am really sad that now her class is in the 3rd hour, I won't be able to help Natalie anymore :( I will miss the kids. Especially Kaia's funny comments...they are classics...Natalie and I quote her constantly and probably will for the rest of our lives...because that is how we are :)
Thankfully, Kaia's probably was resolved a little while ago. Miralax mixed with apple juice last night and prune juice this morning did the trick! I tried to give her molasses this morning but she said it made her throat hurt. =)
I have to admit, when I saw the title and the corresponding picture, I was very curious to know what you had made for dinner and what made it tasty, because frankly, it looked a bit unappetizing. I am now happy to know it was you and Peter being phenomenal parents....seriously...first you let your kid experiment with food, and then you ate it. Definitely going to Heaven for that one!
Ditto to what Erica said. You and Peter should definately win the award for awesome parents for that one. I'm always smelling my food and if it don't smell right, it's not worth even a tiny bite. Much more courageous than I would have been.
Post a Comment