Sunday, April 20, 2008

Lesson Learned - DON'T Use Orange Crisco

I should have known better. I was just so excited to try this snickerdoodle recipe, that I kept making them even after I noticed the Crisco was orange. We can't quite remember when we bought it - but I think it was when we lived in our first apartment here, which was at least 2 1/2 years ago. Turns out the expiration on the Crisco was October of 2006. Yikes! The cookies looked gorgeous, and if not for the waxy petroleum taste they probably would have been fabulous.

6 comments:

Erica said...

Crisco seriously goes bad? Crap...I should probably throw mine away. Thanks for the heads up. I would not enjoy going to all that work to enjoy a petroleum taste. But those do look dang delicious.

Sara said...

They look good! You are such a good cook regardless of the expiration date.

Telefone VoIP said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jess said...

ORANGE? Was it at least the butter kind that starts out yellow? :)

Who knew?

Maile said...

Sadly, it was not the butter kind. I REALLY should have known better - shows how desperate I was for cookies. =)

Naomi said...

Hey, even though the crisco went bad they sure look good!