The requirements this week were to use the following:
-A sports photo (you may stretch the definition of "sports" as widely as you like)
-Something with a scalloped edge (you know I love my scallops)
-Some kind of sticker
I definitely stretched the definition of sports. Since my kids are too little to really be in sports yet, I scrapped the first thing that came to my head - Asher being a good sport about playing true love with Kaia. Those who read my blog regularly will remember that I posted this story a while back - Kaia likes to pretend to fall into a deep sleep and then have Asher give her the kiss of true love that wakes her up! The pictures aren't great because I had to stand close to make sure Asher didn't fall off while he kissed her. The journaling on this page reads: "Asher has been a very good sport about playing "True Love" with Kaia. She falls into a deep sleep, and Asher very willingly gives her lots of slobbery kisses!" I don't love the way the journaling turned out on this page, but I had to handwrite it in order to get it in the 30 minutes. I made the scallops by using a trick someone shared with me - cutting 1 inch circles with my Cricut machine. And the stickers say "true" and "love." Anyway, I'm glad to finally have these pictures and this cute story scrapbooked. I found it very motivating to have a time limit and other restrictions - these helped me focus my efforts on scrapbooking. In fact, I found I couldn't even listen to music because I had to focus all my efforts on working quickly to finish the page.

12 comments:
So cute! You are an awesome scrapbooker and a very motivated person as well. You always inspire me to do just a little more (without becoming neurotic too). Thanks for the chat today! It was so good to talk to you!
Great page, Maile! I love the circle scallops - great idea! I think a time limit is a good idea - you don't play around with it as much and just get it done. I should try that. I'm sure it relieves a lot of frustration!
Cute photos! What a fun interpretation of the "sports" theme!
very cute. the circles are such a cute touch. I need to listen to that podcast so I can get motivated to scrapbook too.
Very cute page. The time limit is a great idea. I remember when I first started to scrapbook (i no longer have the patience for it) it would take anwhere from 1-3 hours for one stinking page. Then a couple of days later I'd look at it and not like it anymore and take it apart and start all over again. So I think I'll just stick to sewing. Love how you used the sports theme! Can't wait to see more of your work!
THose photos are classic! Adorable layout! Great job on 30-minute Thursday!
Very sweet kids!! Good work scrapbooking. I despise scrapbooking so more power to ya!!
maile, thanks for all the scrapbooking motivation. i like the idea of keeping simple. which book do you have by stacy julian? I noticed she has a few of them.
if someone gave me a time limit like that on something remotely creative i think i would have an anxiety attack. good job.
I am impressed. I should follow your example. I swear sometimes you dont realize it and you've spent 2 hours on a page. Time just flies. A 30 minute page is impressive and it looks so cute. BTW- i love that Kaia is a true girl!! She is so cute!
GOOD JOB. I love scrapbooking. The page is so cute. I'm going to check out this scrapbook lady and see if I can get caught up on my boys pages. We should start a scrapbook blog of different ideas, could help us all get our books caught up. I feel sometimes I just look and the page and get lost in what to do.
Thanks, ladies, for all your comments! It's fun to be able to use blogs to share our favorite interests.
Post a Comment