Our last stop of the day was FAO Schwartz, the fabulous toy store on the SE corner of Central Park, which features the piano played in the movie "Big." Vickie wanted to get Asher a stuffed animal and Kaia a tea set. Asher was too distracted by toys in every direction to commit to any one stuffed animal, so we ended up picking for him - 3 cute stuffed animals that were being cleared out at $5.99 a piece. I'll try to add a picture tomorrow. Kaia LOVES her tea set. Yesterday morning she had to eat her toast on one of the little plates and pour her own milk from the teapot into the cups (see picture below). Then she used the teapot in the bath to help wash Asher's hair. And she also used the whole teaset to make another fabulous cooking concoction while our Primary president and I held a meeting. This is a present that's going to get a lot of use.
Monday, April 28, 2008
The Ongoing Tea Party
We had a great time with Grandma Vickie in town. Some of the highlights included going to the science center, going to Chuck E. Cheese, and going to Central Park & FAO Schwartz in the city. On a side note, I am SOOOO done with the city. I tell you this as a warning for any of you who might be coming to visit us soon. We will be happy to send you on your way into the city and see you at the end of the day, but I'm not going in again unless I have a VERY compelling reason. Vickie, the kids, and I left our house at 1:30 in the afternoon on Saturday to meet Peter at Zabar's, our favorite grocery store in the city where we get fabulous olives, cheese, and bread. We did not arrive at Zabar's until 4:00, thanks to construction on the various subway systems. So it took us 2 1/2 hours to get there. AARRGGGHHH!! I was about ready to bite someone's head off. Vickie joked that they could gauge my mood by how I described the dogs we saw - right after we finally resurfaced from being on subways for 2 hours I asked, "Wasn't that the ugliest dog that just passed?" Vickie had thought it was actually a cute dog. Anyway, the point is that I was in a pretty monstrous mood until I got my fill of olives, cheese, bread, and plenty of chocolate. That was a very long way to say that I now prefer to drive to the places we go - it takes so much less time, for the most part.
Our last stop of the day was FAO Schwartz, the fabulous toy store on the SE corner of Central Park, which features the piano played in the movie "Big." Vickie wanted to get Asher a stuffed animal and Kaia a tea set. Asher was too distracted by toys in every direction to commit to any one stuffed animal, so we ended up picking for him - 3 cute stuffed animals that were being cleared out at $5.99 a piece. I'll try to add a picture tomorrow. Kaia LOVES her tea set. Yesterday morning she had to eat her toast on one of the little plates and pour her own milk from the teapot into the cups (see picture below). Then she used the teapot in the bath to help wash Asher's hair. And she also used the whole teaset to make another fabulous cooking concoction while our Primary president and I held a meeting. This is a present that's going to get a lot of use.
Our last stop of the day was FAO Schwartz, the fabulous toy store on the SE corner of Central Park, which features the piano played in the movie "Big." Vickie wanted to get Asher a stuffed animal and Kaia a tea set. Asher was too distracted by toys in every direction to commit to any one stuffed animal, so we ended up picking for him - 3 cute stuffed animals that were being cleared out at $5.99 a piece. I'll try to add a picture tomorrow. Kaia LOVES her tea set. Yesterday morning she had to eat her toast on one of the little plates and pour her own milk from the teapot into the cups (see picture below). Then she used the teapot in the bath to help wash Asher's hair. And she also used the whole teaset to make another fabulous cooking concoction while our Primary president and I held a meeting. This is a present that's going to get a lot of use.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
So glad you had a great visit with Grandma. I love Kaia's tea set - such a great gift for her imagination! I echo you thoughts about going into the city. I cannot comprehend those that just go in to the city to have fun. For me, it's just way to stressful. It's only fun for me if we drive in and Chris is in charge.
I'd definitely drive in Next time Grandma Vickie comes to town let me know and I'll join all of you in the City. In the meantime, come visit us! (Betsy in Scarsdale)
Amen to being over the city! The teaset and stuffed animals, however, are adorable. I love Kaia's imagination.
I was just thinking of coming to the city:) It is amazing how draining it can be. At least the kids found some treasures.
Post a Comment