Wednesday, April 16, 2008

30-Minute Thursday Scrapbook Challenge

I completed my 2nd challenge from Lain Ehmann's ScrapHappy blog tonight. I'd been thinking about the journaling and idea for this page all week, but I didn't get to scrap it until tonight.

The challenge this week was to use the following:
"-a size you don't usually scrap in (if you do 12x12, try 8.5x11 or 6x12, my new fun favorite!)
-a journaling block of some sort
-your own handwriting!"

I loved this challenge. I've been wanting to try an 8.5x11 page for a while now, and this was my catalyst to do so. The journaling on my page, Why I Scrap, reads "I scrapbook for the nights like tonight when it took 2 hours to get the kids to bed. Scrapbooking helps me remember the good days on those that are not so good. I also love having a creative outlet so that part of my brain that is always going has something fun to be thinking about. I scrapbook to capture the many wonderful moments of our every day lives that I would otherwise forget. I scrapbook to remind me of who I am."

7 comments:

Kristina said...

You are such a good scrapbooker. I was doing so well at getting the boys done but then in the last few weeks haven't had anytime to do so - you give me hope... What a cute picture that is of you. I like that challenge remind yourself of those days when things are crazy - why it is we love our kids/husbands.... Hey are you coming this way anytime soon???

Lain said...

Oh, I love this!
Great job!
xoxox
L

Maile said...

Kristina, we may be going to Utah in August. I hope so! It would be so fun to get together with you and your boys.

Anonymous said...

cute lettering, did you use your cricut machine to make those? I looked at them, but there so expensive, and then each individual cartridge on top of that, but I love die cut lettering. What do you think - is it worth it?

Naomi said...

That is such a cute page. I love how you have the torn out paper that is paper clipped, very cute and unique and love the cutout of the outlet. Very creative!

Mistie said...

You just reminded me why i used to scrapbook! You said it perfectly! sometimes i miss it and i really think once i get settled somewhere, maybe i'll do it again. You are a great motivator!

Mistie said...

You just reminded me why i used to scrapbook! You said it perfectly! sometimes i miss it and i really think once i get settled somewhere, maybe i'll do it again. You are a great motivator!